Navigating The Immigration Process

Experienced London Solicitors for Visas and Other Matters of Immigration Law

Immigration is a highly specialised area of the law, and it can be quite complex for those who wish to enter or remain in the United Kingdom. The experienced Hammersmith immigration Solicitors of Charles Gregory Solicitors Limited can assist you on all immigration matters. From simple visa applications to complex immigration issues, we provide straightforward advice and friendly service to people who wish to remain in the UK, enter the country for work or on holiday, or settle permanently in the UK.

Representation for European Nationals

We assist European Nationals on their Immigration options to visit, live and work in the UK. Unlike non-European Citizens, if you are a citizen of an EU country, a country within the EEA or Switzerland, you have the right to enter and work in the UK without need to obtain a visa or work permit. However, you must complete certain forms if you wish to settle permanently in the UK or bring over non-EEA family members. Our Solicitors provide specialist services to help you understand your rights and obligations under UK immigration laws:

  • Permanent Residence Card Application As An EEA National Or A Family Member Of An EEA National – [Form EEA (PR) Application]
  • Registration Certificate As EEA National - [Form EEA (QP) Application]
  • Residence Card as a Family Member of an EEA National - [Form EEA (FM) Application]
  • Naturalisation As A British Citizen

Our services also include advice and assistance for non-European nationals, or those who are not citizens of the EU countries, the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, on the types of visas available.

The United Kingdom's points-based 5 tier visa system is the main immigration route for migrants from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to come to the UK to work, study, invest or train.

The system separates applicants into five 'tiers'. In order to be eligible for a visa in any of the five tiers you must pass a points-based assessment. In work visa applications, points are generally awarded according to the applicant's ability, experience and age.

You must reach a points score above a minimum threshold if your application is to be successful. The minimum number of points required varies for each tier.

The Five Tiers

The five tier visa system consists of the following:

  • Tier 1: This visa category is for 'high-value migrants' from outside the EEA and covers entry of entrepreneurs, investors, and those very few people who come under the 'exceptional talent' visa.
  • Tier 2: This category is for 'skilled workers' from outside the EEA with a job offer in the UK. It includes skilled workers who are transferred to the UK by an international company, skilled workers where there is a proven shortage in the UK, ministers of religion and sportspeople.
  • Tier 3: This category was designed for low-skilled workers filling specific temporary labour shortages. The Government has so far never allocated any visas under this scheme. Unfortunately, this means that you cannot apply for the Tier 3 visa scheme.
  • Tier 4: This category is for students aged over 16 from outside the EEA who wish to study in the UK. Applicants must have a place at a registered UK educational establishment before they can apply.
  • Tier 5: This category contains six sub-tiers of temporary worker including creative and sporting, charity, religious workers, and the youth mobility scheme which enables about 55,000 young people every year to work in the UK on working holidays. The visas are awarded to young people from countries that have reciprocal arrangements with the UK.

If you need our help with an Immigration matter, please contact us with your enquiry today. Our expert team of Immigration Solicitors can assist with all cases of immigration law.